What are Dental Implants?
An implant is a post that is surgically placed in the jaw. A prosthesis (an artificial tooth or teeth) is then attached to the post. In our office, the surgical phase of dental implants is being done by a specialist in house and Dr. Maryam will do the restorative phase.
How are Dental Implants Used?
There are two basic uses for Dental Implants:
- As an artificial root for a single tooth replacement.
- As an anchor for a fixed or removable prosthesis to replace multiple teeth.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
Implants allow the replacement of single or multiple teeth without relying on an adjacent tooth for Dentures, Partial, or bridges. One important benefit of implants, when used for Implant-retained dentures, is that they slow the shrinking of bone and gum tissue under the denture.
- Dental Implants are the most advanced tooth structure/tooth replacement system ever devised.
- Dental Implants never decay.
- Dental Implant never require Root Canals.
- Dental Implants preserve the Jawbone, which can prevent premature aging.
- No one can be disqualified for implant treatment solely because of their age. (Some patients receive implant treatment when they are in their nineties!)
Want to learn more about dental implants from Maryam Ghasemyeh, DDS? Call our Santa Ana, CA office at (714) 547-9411 today to book an appointment